Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third party sources, as well as automatically through your use of the Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
We may collect information directly from you. For example, if you register for or use our Services, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, photograph, zip code, company name, current or past employers, dates of employment, employee referral information, income information, resumes, current salary, desired salary, desired job title, job location preferences, and any other information that you submit as part of your profile or that may be useful in helping us to match job seekers and employers; if you pay for our Services, we will collect your payment information, including payment card number and billing address.
We will also collect any other information that you provide to us. This may include social networking links and media or news links or information about your contacts and connections if you share such information with us, such as to participate in a referral program or to list a reference. If you give a reference for someone else, we will collect information about that reference. If you participate in a survey or questionnaire, we will collect information about your answers and interaction with that survey or questionnaire.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including recruiters and employers, publicly available information, social networking platforms, and other third parties. You may be able to connect other social networking accounts (e.g., LinkedIn) with your Call of Career account in order to share your contacts and connections with us. If you do this, we will collect information about your contacts and connections (and any other information you grant us permission to access). We will use this information as set forth below. You may also be able to log in to our Site through third party platforms (e.g., LinkedIn). If you connect to our Services through a third party platform, we will ask your permission to obtain certain information about you from that platform, (e.g., email address, profile information and friends or contact list).
In addition, we may collect information about you from a contact of yours or other Call of Career users, such as when someone lists you as a reference or suggests you for a position.
Information We Collect Automatically
We track clickstream data, viewing data, searches submitted through the Services, and other data to monitor utilization and to improve user experience. We also automatically collect certain usage information through cookies, web beacons, log files, java script and other technologies, including: domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed; link clicked; searches, including search terms; IP address; date and time stamp and the length of time using the Services; referring URL (of website that led you to our Site). Generally, we use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement on our Site, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Services, and to deliver customized, personalized content. We also may track and use your location information to customize information that we provide to you, and to display targeted ads on the Services and on third party websites. Please see the “Third-Party Ad Networks” section below for more information.
How We Use The Information We Collect
As permitted by applicable law, we retain and use the information we collect about you for the following reasons:
- Provide Services. To provide our Services to you, including to share information between and among job seekers, recruiters, and employers; to communicate with you about your use of our Services; to respond to your inquiries; to fulfill your requests; to authenticate users; to process payments; and for other customer service purposes.
- Improve Services. To understand how users access and use the Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the Services and respond to user desires and preferences.
- Personalize Content. To match users with potential employers; to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Marketing. To send marketing and other promotional information, including information about jobs and third party products and services in which we think you may be interested.
- Referrals. To make suggestions to you about your connections that may be potential referral candidates for open positions at your current place of employment or at other places; to allow you to refer others to positions at your employer; and to communicate with you and other Call of Career users about those referrals.
- Business Operations. We may also use information in the normal course of our business, such as for accounting, reporting, evaluation, and internal auditing.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may also use aggregate or de-identified information about users for other marketing, research and other purposes.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose the information we collect about you, including your personal information, as explained below. You can make certain profile information private by logging into your account and adjusting your profile visibility.
- Call of Career Users. We may disclose the information we collect about you with other Call of Career users. For example, if you are a jobseeker, we may disclose your information to recruiters, employers, and other users. This may include your phone number and/or email address, which those recruiters and employers may use to contact you. If you are a recruiter or employer and you have created a profile or job opportunity, all information that you post will be public and visible to jobseekers seeking job opportunities and other visitors of the Site. In addition, user profiles may be visible to other users in accordance with their profile settings. Job seekers may make certain profile information private by adjusting their profile settings. Please see the Recruiters, Employers and Job Seekers section below for more information.
- Publicly Available Information. Call of Career users have the option to create a public profile with their names, positions, work history, education, social media profiles, and other information. These profiles may also include users’ phone numbers or email addresses so that recruiters and employers can contact them. This information may also be indexed and displayed through third party public search engines. Certain information, such as your resume and certain profile information, may be available publicly through the Services and indexed through a search engine; job seekers may make certain profile information private by adjusting their profile settings.
- Affiliates. We may share the information we collect about you with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliated companies, who may use it consistent with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may share the information we collect about you with our contractors and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as payment processing and data hosting.
- Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect about you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose the information we collect about you to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
We may also share information that is not reasonably capable of being associated with you with other users to help them better understand the types of users applying for a certain job. For example, we may share that a user with a certain job title, educational history, years of experience, areas of expertise, and salary range has applied for a certain job with other job seekers.
“Cookies” and Tracking Technologies
Web beacons (a.k.a. clear GIFs, pixel tags, and web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to track the online movements of website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We may use web beacons in connection with the Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to the Services, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of the Services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics
We use tools and applications to evaluate usage of our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above in the “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Third-Party Ad Networks
We may display targeted ads and personalized content to users within the Services, as part of Call of Career direct online display advertising, based on our user information as well as your activities within the Services. We also use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements on the Services or other websites, based on your visits to the Services as well as other websites. We also may provide these third-party advertisers with information about your usage of our Services, as well as aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about visitors to and users of our Service.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications via the “Unsubscribe” link in all marketing emails you receive or by emailing[email protected]. You may also opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those we work with as follows
Opting out of one or more DAA member networks only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on the Services or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you later erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your opt-outs will no longer be effective.
Recruiters, Employers and Job Seekers
As noted, we may disclose the information we collect about you with other Call of Career users. For example, we may disclose job seeker information to recruiters and employers, who are believed by us to be legitimately seeking applicants for available positions. If you elect to allow recruiters to contact you, we will disclose your phone number or email address to them and they will use that information to contact you through phone call, text, or email.
Individual users can adjust their profile settings within their account, to limit how certain information is shared or to prevent recruiters from calling, texting, or emailing them. If you ever have any questions or concerns about how recruiters or employers are using your personal information on Call of Career, please contact us at [email protected].
User Reviews and User Generated Content
In some instances we may select and post user reviews on the Services which may contain personal information such as the user’s name. We will obtain your consent to use your name, prior to posting the review.
You may also create a public profile that includes your name, title, job history, phone number, email address, photograph, or other information, or we may otherwise invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available to other users or recruiters on our Site. If you post such content, it will be available to recruiters and other users of the Site, and may also become public. Call of Career cannot control how third parties or other users use this information.
If you would like us to remove your profile, name, review or other content from our Site, you may contact us at [email protected]; please be sure to describe and identify the location of the content that you are referring to in your request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services for a period of time, and may be maintained by us as a part of our records.
How To Access, Update and Delete Your Personal Information
We give you access to and control over your personal information, regardless of where you live. If you live in certain jurisdiction, you may have legal rights with respect to your information, which you can exercise as outlined below.
Accessing Your Personal Information
By logging into your account, you can access much of your personal information. You may also email our Customer Support team at [email protected], and upon written request and authentication of identity, we may provide you with your other personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the types of individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. In some situations we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor or attorney/client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm our competitive position. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. When an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
Editing and Deleting Data
By logging into your account, you can change and delete your personal information or cancel your account. You may also email our Customer Support team at [email protected] (to make a change) or [email protected] (to cancel). Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of this information as part of our business records as well.
Third Party Websites
Our Services and emails may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which Call of Career has no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these websites require you to enter your personal information as you apply for a job directly with the hiring company. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
Our Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.